Statement of Faith
- In one true God, existing eternally as one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, is the unique, inerrant, inspired Word of God, and is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. Through the Bible we know God truly, yet we can not know Him exhaustively because His thoughts are infinitely above our own.
- In the sovereignty and active role of God in creation, history, revelation, redemption, and final judgment.
- That man was created by God in His image, but that since Adam's sin, all men are sinful and subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
- That Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, fully human and fully divine, eternally existing as God, yet born in time of a virgin, and that He lived a sinless and perfect life.
- In the historic death of Jesus as the full and only atonement for our sins, in His bodily resurrection from the dead, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
- That men are justified only by the grace of God through faith alone, only on the basis of the death of Christ.
- That those justified are also progressively sanctified by the grace of God.
- That the Holy Spirit is present and effective in applying the work of Christ to believers in regenerating and sanctifying them.
- In one visible, universal church, the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong, and in particular churches governed by officers with the authority to rule in matters of belief and discipline.
- In the visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in glory.
- In the resurrection of the redeemed to the enjoyment of God forever in His presence, and the resurrection of the unredeemed to judgment and everlasting punishment in hell.